For the most part, weight loss is about looking good physically. In general, however, it’s practically a journey towards physical fitness, healthy living, and overall well-being.
Know, however, that losing weight is often easier said and done because many obese individuals struggle to shed even just a few pounds. If you’ve strictly followed weight loss tips but haven’t seen a significant change, chances are that you might feel discouraged. While there are no hard and fast rules for weight loss, keep in mind that there are many alternatives you can try and see whether or not they work for you. As it is often said, different strokes will work for different folks.
If you are feeling discouraged with your efforts, fret not, as we’ve got a three-day meal plan for you for a quick detox. In this article, we will share with you what to consume during breakfast, lunch, and dinner for three consecutive days. Give it a try and see how this meal plan works wonders for your body!
If you commonly wake up and eat a heavy breakfast to keep you pumped up the whole day, we’ll take you through a different route by consuming the following instead:
- Lemon water: Start your day with a glass of warm water with lemon mixed in it. The goal is to help alkalize your body and kick start your digestive system. Lemon water helps your digestive juices start flowing even before your first meal. As a result, it helps your system to work more efficiently. Also, lemon is rich in Vitamin C, which is an excellent boost for your immune system.
- Superfood smoothie: Opt for a superfood smoothie consisted of a protein source, a little fat, and fresh fruit or veggies. A superfood smoothie can be easy on your digestive system as compared to eating a heavy meal. Also, this can be very rich in nutrients with essential vitamins and minerals, which are good for the body to help in losing weight.
Many tend to eat heavily during lunch. However, during this time, veer away from the usual and opt for the following instead:
- Veggie salad: Go for a veggie salad loaded with raw, crunchy veggies and dark leafy greens. The goal is to help get things inside moving and alkalize your body. Apart from the healthy vegetables, you can sprinkle nuts and seeds on top for extra protein and healthy fats.
- Mid-afternoon snack: If you are hungry around three in the afternoon, chances are that you may indulge yourself in a mid-afternoon snack. However, go for mixed berries, kombucha, baby carrots, and hummus as great snack options ideal for weight loss.
Keep in mind that a light meal during dinner is significant in losing weight. Forget about a steaming plate of pasta, grilled meat, and heavy night meal. Since you’re detoxifying your body and trying to lose weight, go for the following instead:
- Fiber-rich soup: You can either go for creamy squash soup, curry soup, or spicy tomato basil. They are a satisfying and easy way to warm up and cleanse your whole body throughout the week.
- Tea: Have a calming tea, just before you retire to bed. You can try chamomile, peppermint, or whatever flavor it is that you prefer for tea. All these have medicinal properties, which can lead to the incredible healing and cleansing of your body.
Although going on a strict detox can be difficult, it will be necessary, especially if you’re trying to lose weight. Remember that the journey to losing weight is not easy because it takes a lot of self-discipline and motivation to keep up with the meal plan for a quick detox. However, with the three-day detox guide given above, you’ll be amazed at how it can make a difference in your detoxification process and weight loss journey.
If you’re looking to learn more about detox food, check out our vast collection of products.